Some of the problems with the SIM slot that can cause this problem: – SIM Card not inserted properly. – Loose SIM slot resulting in the card losing the connection with the reader of the device. – Accumulation of dust over the slot and SIM card reader making the slot incapable of reading the card properly.
Why is my phone not reading my SIM card?
Most of the time, rebooting or power cycling your phone can fix SIM card not detected issue. When you reboot your android phone, it will relaunch the OS as well as the programs stored in your device. If your phone’s software isn’t detecting your SIM, this is one of the quickest fixes to use.
Why has my SIM card suddenly stopped working?
Your SIM card or device may be configured for your previous network and will need to be reconfigured. Contact your current network for assistance. Sometimes dust can get between the SIM and your phone causing communication issues, to remove the dust: … Turn your phone off, replace the SIM and restart the phone.
What do you do if your SIM card doesn’t work?
If your SIM is not working, the first thing to do is see what the cell phone says. If you see a message like “SIM error,” “Insert SIM,” SIM not ready” or something similar, try taking the SIM out then put it back in and power up your phone. … If your phone has gotten wet, let your phone dry out before you start it.
What do you do when your Sim shows no network?
How to fix “Mobile network not Available”error on android phones
- Restart Your Device. …
- Remove SIM Card and Put it Back. …
- Check Network Settings. …
- Check whether phone is in Roaming Mode. …
- Update the phone system to fix software bugs. …
- Turn off mobile data and turn on it again. …
- Turn off WiFi. …
- Make sure Airplane mode is turned off.
14 июн. 2020 г.
How do you reset a SIM card?
Resetting SIM card through the phone’s settings
Insert the SIM card into your cell phone’s SIM card slot and place the back cover securely. Then, turn on the phone. Step 2. Go to the “Settings” menu and choose “Reset” from the list of options that are displayed.
Why won’t my iPhone read my SIM card?
Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. … Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
How do I know if my SIM card is bad?
If you encounter any of the issues listed below then you might have a SIM card that is not working properly anymore.
- Calls being interrupted, or messages delayed.
- Pin code requested without rebooting the phone.
- Sound quality decreasing.
- Battery life reduced.
- Phone getting warm.
How can I fix my SIM card?
DIY Project Help Tips
- Turn off phone.
- Open back case.
- Carefully remove SIM card.
- Check SIM card for damage such as cracks.
- If damaged, go to nearest phone store and ask for new SIM.
- If not damaged, use rubbing alcohol and clean SIM and where it slides into.
- Let rubbing alcohol fully dry.
- Put SIM back in phone.
Do SIM cards expire?
When you activate a prepaid subscriber identity module, or “SIM,” card for a phone, the call, text and Internet credit you purchase expires after a certain period of time, as specified by the mobile carrier. The SIM card itself never expires, as the SIM serves only to allow the handset to identify the cellular network.
How can I get back my SIM card rejected?
Call your cellular service provider’s customer support line for assistance if the message instead changes to “PUK Lock.” The customer service representative will provide you with the correct PUK code for your phone.
How long does it take for a new SIM card to be activated?
It can take anywhere between 1 hour to 24-48 business hours for your SIM Card to activate so we always recommend you keep using your old SIM Card in the meantime.
Why is my phone showing no service?
One of the reasons a Samsung or Android device may show “No Service” is because it’s connected to a disabled cellular radio signal. … Once the test ends, navigate to the bottom of the menu and check the radio data -it should be enabled. After this is set, restart your device and check if the problem is now resolved.
What to do if mobile data is on but not working?
Remove and Re-Insert Your SIM Card
- Before rebooting, turn on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then turn Airplane Mode off.
- If you still don’t have data, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, wait for a minute, turn your phone back on, turn airplane mode off, wait for thirty seconds, then turn mobile data on.
11 февр. 2020 г.
How can I solve my phone network problem?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.