While the phone is turned off, open the SIM card tray by inserting the SIM eject tool or a paperclip into the provided slot on the SIM card tray, located on the right edge of the phone. Gently push the SIM eject tool or paperclip until the SIM card tray is unlocked and then pull it out. Get your SIM card ready.
How can I open my iPhone sim tray without key?
For those who don’t have a SIM tray ejector on hand, the humble paper clip is one of the best alternatives. Just bend one of its ends and you’re good to go! But make sure you use a paper clip thin enough to fit into the tray’s hole. Apply pressure gently so that the metal doesn’t get all mangled.
Does iPhone XR come with SIM eject tool?
It does indeed come with a removal tool.
How do you open a SIM card slot without a key?
- Turn off your phone.
- Find the small hole for the SIM card tray.
- Insert the SIM ejection tool that comes with the phone into the hole and push firmly but gently until the tray pops out.
- Remove the tray and the SIM card on it.
- Carefully re-position the tray in the slot and push it gently back into the phone.
Where is the SIM tray on iPhone XR?
Locate the SIM tray
The SIM tray is located on the right side of the device. To insert a SIM card, insert a SIM tool into the small hole to eject the SIM tray.
Why can’t I open the SIM card slot on my iPhone?
If your SIM won’t open the normal way and you’ve applied sufficient force, it tells me there may be something jammed in there or it may be somehow stuck. … You could partially remove your iPhone’s screen try ejecting the SIM Tray and then push down on the it where it is exposed by the removed screen.
What do you do if your SIM card tray is stuck?
Peel off the protective layer and stick it on to the sim tray opening. Apply some pressure towards the sim tray. Now try to bend the tape so it’s only on a sim card tray (don’t bend it completely). Pull the tape hard and sim card tray should go with it.
Where is my SIM eject tool?
The SIM ejector tool may be hidden in these papers. The tool is a small piece of metal and is attached to a white piece of paper, this makes it easy to accidentally throw out.
What can I use instead of a SIM eject tool?
Using alternatives to get your SIM card out
- Paperclip. In many situations, a paperclip makes a viable alternative to a SIM eject tool. …
- Staple. …
- Sewing Pin. …
- Toothpick. …
Where is SIM eject tool?
For use this Sim Eject Tool, just insert the straight end of the Sim Eject Tool into the hole next to the Sim port and remove your Sim Card from the Tray.
|Ships fromShips from||Amazon|
How do I open the SIM card slot on my phone?
To pop open the SIM tray, insert a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool into the hole beside the tray. Push in, towards the iPhone, but don’t force it. If you’re having difficulty ejecting the SIM tray, take your device to your network provider or an Apple Store for help.
How do I activate my SIM card?
Activating your SIM.
- Insert your SIM into your phone and switch it on. …
- We’ll text you to let you know we’ve started activating your SIM. …
- We’ll send you a second text telling you to turn your phone off and on again.
- Your SIM will be activated when you restart your phone.
How do I activate XR on my iPhone?
- To turn iPhone on, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo displays. …
- You’ll see “Hello” in different languages. …
- Select your language.
- Select your country or region. …
- Review the Quick Start prompt. …
- Select a Wi-Fi network to connect. …
- Review the Data & Privacy prompt then select Continue or Learn More.
Is the iPhone XR SIM card different?
Even though it was introduced as a feature in the iPhone XS, all the latest iPhones, including the iPhone XR, have Apple’s new dual-SIM feature, which lets people hold one physical nano-SIM card in their phone, as well as an electronic SIM card, or “eSIM.”
Does the iPhone XR have two SIM card slots?
Apple has never offered a phone with two physical SIM slots (in the UK and US, at least), but the latest iPhones offer a smart workaround: the XR, XS and XS Max have both an externally accessible nano SIM tray and an internal eSIM that lets you set up additional carrier plans.