Why is my phone saying there is no SIM card?
Some possible causes could be that you didn’t insert the SIM card correctly or your Android device is experiencing a software issue. Whatever the reason, a solution needs to be found quickly when your phone says: “No SIM card detected.”
What do you do if your phone says no SIM card installed?
Android Phone Says no SIM Card Installed
The process is essentially the same for Android phones: try following the same steps to restart the phone, install a new OS update, clean out the SIM card slot.
What to do if SIM stops working?
Troubleshooting SIM card problems
- Turn off your phone and remove the SIM card.
- Clean the gold connectors on the SIM with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Replace the battery and turn your phone on without the SIM.
- Turn your phone off, replace the SIM and restart the phone.
Why does my Android phone say no SIM card?
The No SIM card error usually occurs when your SIM card is not inserted properly. … There is a chance that the SIM card is inserted properly but your device is not reading it because of a software corruption. It may also point towards your device’s inability to check for a network.
How do I clean my SIM card on my phone?
Clean the SIM card by blowing off dust, or use a soft cloth to carefully remove any residue from the gold contact area (don’t use soap or anything abrasive). Place the SIM card chip-side down into the tray and slide it back inside. If inserted correctly, the tray should go in easily. Restart your phone.
How do I get my SIM card out?
To eject the SIM card tray, slide the removal tool into the hole and push. The tray might eject easily, or you might have to push with a bit of force. Either way, it should pop out without a ton of pressure. After it pops out a little, pull it out the rest of the way.
Where is the SIM card on an iPhone 7?
Locate the SIM tray
The SIM tray is located on the right side of the device. To insert a SIM card, insert a SIM tool into the small hole to eject the SIM tray.
Does iPhone have SIM card slot?
Every iPhone has a SIM card slot on its right side. That slot houses a tray that holds your iPhone’s SIM card. … You might never need to access your SIM card if you bought your iPhone with one pre-installed from the carrier.
Why is my SIM card locked?
The SIM card on your mobile phone will become locked if you enter an incorrect personal identification number (PIN) three times. To unlock it you must reset your PIN by entering your SIM card’s unique unlock key (also called a PIN unblocking key or PUK).
How can I get back my SIM card rejected?
How to Unblock a SIM Card If It Is Rejected
- Hold down your phone’s power button until the device completely shuts off. …
- Check your cell phone’s user manual to find the specific security password and locking code for your phone model. …
- Enter the security password first by tapping the number keys on your phone’s keypad.
How can I tell if my SIM card is working?
Checking Whether the SIM Card Is Working Properly
- Check whether account balance of the SIM card is insufficient. You can visit carriers’ website or insert the SIM card on a cellphone to check the account balance of the SIM card.
- Check the SIM card status. Run the display cellular interface-number security command to check security information about the 3G/LTE modem.
How do I know if my SIM card is not working?
To test whether your SIM card is misaligned, turn off your device and remove the SIM card. Reinsert the SIM card and turn your smartphone back on. If the SIM card was misaligned, your device should now be able to read the SIM card and connect to a mobile network. … Insert the card into the alternate smartphone.
Why is my phone says mobile network unavailable?
This problem is caused by your SIM card not placed properly, hence, the mobile not available on network error may also occur. To fix this issue navigate to: … Mobile network settings. While you are in mobile settings, you have to hold the power button and the home buttons together until your device turns off.